2002 MAZDA TRUCK HARD STOP

• Johnvtomey
  • 2002 MAZDA TRUCK

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2002 Mazda Truck 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

a family member has this truck and wanted to give it to me. They said when you come to a stop it feels as if someone is rear ending you. And if you go faster than 45 and come to a stop it happens more often. I was wondering if this sounds like a transmission problem or a vacuum line. This truck was rolled once so the body is beat up on one side. It was running good until this symptom started to happen. Was wanting to know if I should even take the truck. I don't know too much about mazda but I could use a pick up.

Saturday, January 17th, 2009 AT 10:44 PM

• Jack42

Imnot sure what you mean by "rear ending you" but you may want to check the leaf springs to be sure none are broken. Sounds like you are describing a rear suspension problem. Also cheeck the eye bushings on the springs, basically anything loose in the rear of thetruck

Sunday, January 18th, 2009 AT 7:06 AM
  • Johnvtomey

I have never driven the vehicle but they describe it as when you are driving and come to a stop it actually feels like you are getting rear ended. The truck will stop and all of a sudden you get a hard thud like if someone hit you from the back. I read some other articles for ford rangers and they say something about repacking the "slip yoke" with grease because they can dry out and cause this? Is this a possibility as this is basically also a ford ranger disguised as a mazda?

Sunday, January 18th, 2009 AT 9:02 AM
  • Jack42

Ah, ok. Yes that will help it, the GM trucks do the same thing. You will find that almost all Ranger info will apply to a Mazda truck

Sunday, January 18th, 2009 AT 10:52 AM