CLUTCH TO FLOOR.

1997 Mazda MX6

silverbullet91

March, 23, 2010 AT 7:06 PM

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1997 Mazda MX6 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 140000 miles

Recently I noticed my clutch pedal would not come up more than halfway when depressed. The car has a combination reservoir for the brake and clutch masters and the brakes were recently bled. The fluid is full in the clutch part of the reservoir and I can't detect any leaks anywhere in the lines. I tried bleeding the clutch from the bleeder on the slave but I keep getting air. Sometimes small bubbles, sometimes huge. I'm certain I've bled it enough that it SHOULD have cleared all the air out but it keeps coming and the pedal is the same as before or worse (used to be hard to shift gears with car running, now impossible. Can shift around ok with car off). Is my problem with the master, slave, clutch internals or? Clutch had never slipped or given any problems before this.

Edit: Am just bleeding with the slave cylinder bleeder screw. Do I need to bleed the master seperately and how?

Clutch Problems

Clutch Help!

Jack42

March, 23, 2010 AT 8:46 PM

I would try bleeding it more. If it worked before the brakes were bled, it should still work unles sthey power bled the system and ruined the seal in the master cylinder for the clutch. Will the pedal get hard if you pump it repeatedly? If so it is either air or the master is bad. It is difficult to hurt the slave cylinder when doing the brakes unless the clutch is depressed, then it can allow flow to the slave. Otherwise itis blocked off in away from the master

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions