2004 MAZDA 3 DONT KNOW IF ELECTRICAL OR ENGINE

• Maas
  • 2004 Mazda 3

2004 Mazda 3 4 cyl Automatic

Recently my car has been shutting off the whole car meaning radio and all lights shut off than after it shuts off it is very hard to move my steering wheel but turns back on. The part that sucks it does it when ever. I did go to the dealership hooked up to test my engine and it came back all good. They test drove my car and nothing happened but right after I left it shut off and did the same thing again. I paid over 500 dollars for what I do not know.

Wednesday, April 21st, 2010 AT 1:16 PM

• legitimate007

I suspect the crank sensor. I think its on its way out completely and this will only happen more often, try to get your vehicle to a repair shop. Not a dealer, as you can see you paid five hundred dollars for nothing. So take it to a shop, and they can atleast diagnose it for no more than 75 dollars, if they charge you at all, just tell them you are having a problem with the vehicle shutting off and you suspect the crank position sensor, and they will probably test it for free

Wednesday, April 28th, 2010 AT 1:06 PM