Link error

JOE1953
  • 2006 SATURN ION
When I try to read the codes on my car with my actron autoscanner cp9135 it show link error try again but I can use my scan tool on another car it will scan the codes and I can use some one else scan tool on my car it will read the codes why I am getting the link error?
Saturday, September 3rd, 2016 AT 11:25 PM

SATURNTECH9
So someone else's scan tool will read codes on your car? But your scan tool won't read codes on your car?If so then your scan tool does what Alot of generic diyer scan tools do Hit and miss on what cars they link to and read codes.I have had that happen before with one of my cheap generic code reader.
Sunday, September 4th, 2016 AT 9:46 AM
SATURNTECH9
Also you have to be careful you don't get a China knock off one. Those no telling what cars they work on or how long they work.I have a autel Al319 it has a color screen reads some live engine data and works really good. It's from a USA seller marketer though. There are tons of the Chinese knock off ones that are cheaper and look the same but are junk. For the good ones like mine there under 40 for the USA market ones. Did you ever fix your p0128 code on that car?
Sunday, September 4th, 2016 AT 9:52 AM
JOE1953
No I havn't replace the thermostat yet the check engine light don't stay on all the time its just on an of sometime why does it come on and go of sometime if the thermostat is bad?
Sunday, September 4th, 2016 AT 10:06 AM
SATURNTECH9
Because sometimes the thermostat holds back enough coolant flow till it opens for the code to not set and sometimes it doesn't. You have a bad thermostat I have replaced them before for that car and many other different makes and models for that code.
Sunday, September 4th, 2016 AT 12:14 PM
JOE1953
The engine is not over heating do I need special tool to replace the thermostat?
Sunday, September 4th, 2016 AT 12:33 PM
SATURNTECH9
It's not a overheating code it's a running too cold code. No special tools needed.
Sunday, September 4th, 2016 AT 1:51 PM
JOE1953
I use my scan tool to read codes on a 1996 chevrolet pickup 1500, 2003 lincoln town car and it read the codes but I use it on a 2007 toyota camry, 2006 saturn and I get a link error do I need to buy a new scan tool? The autel A1319 scan you have how much does it cost and where can I buy it? I want one that is very unexpensive I would like to get one that read live engine data like the one you have.
Saturday, September 17th, 2016 AT 11:39 AM
SATURNTECH9
Autel AL319 AutoLink OBD ll Code Reader https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013BJY12E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_5VB3xb8HNQVHK
It's on Amazon it's got a color screen and reads some live engine data not all engine data.I like it I accidently bought a China knock off and it worked a couple of times then quit even turning on.
Saturday, September 17th, 2016 AT 2:59 PM