ECM problem

EDGAR ARMENTA
  • 2007 SATURN ION
So I am having a problem with the ECM. There is no communication with it. I have a scanner and it does not let me communicate with the ECM either. The instrument panel does not turn on, the stereo does not either. The car turns but does not run. I replaced the ECM and the BCM, by turns the way the BCM is together with turns together the fuse box that goes under the dash, yet there is no communication with the ECM. I am struggling at this point and would really appreciate much help. Thanks.
Saturday, November 26th, 2016 AT 1:50 PM

SATURNTECH9
Does your cig port work because if that fuse is blown you cannot talk to you ECM etc. Also, if you replaced the ECM and BCM it wont start. You have to relearn the pass lock sensor. Also, did you put used BCM and ECM in it? What was wrong with you old ones?Because I highly doubt that they were both bad? Was the cluster working before you replaced them?
Sunday, November 27th, 2016 AT 9:13 AM
EDGAR ARMENTA
Also, the fuse box under the hood gets no current in the ignition and ecm fuses, the fuse box was also replaced, everything was replaced because the battery was connected backwards and the bcm, ecm and the stereo burned, and yes, all three are used.
Wednesday, January 4th, 2017 AT 5:16 PM
EDGAR ARMENTA
Another question about relearning the passlock sensor, if it's not programed yet should the car just crank, or should nothing happen when I attempt to start the car?
Wednesday, January 4th, 2017 AT 5:29 PM
SATURNTECH9
It might crank for a split second then it won't crank anymore.
Wednesday, January 4th, 2017 AT 6:39 PM
EDGAR ARMENTA
Car doesn't crank at all, passlock also turns off after turning the key on, only lights on are airbag and seat belt, with the scanner I can only get into the bcm, transmission, but between the ecm and the scanner there is no communication
Wednesday, January 4th, 2017 AT 7:00 PM
SATURNTECH9
Do you have power to the ecm fuse?Have you checked all the fuses?I suspect there is s blown fuse or fuseable link somewhere.
Wednesday, January 4th, 2017 AT 9:29 PM
EDGAR ARMENTA
Triple checked the fuses and only 9, 10 and 11 fuses which are ECM/ETC (9) EMISS (10) AND IGN (11). When I try turning the key to ignition the only thing that happens is the dash lights turn off but it doesn't even try cranking the engine, fuel pump doesn't activate.
Thursday, January 5th, 2017 AT 9:19 AM
EDGAR ARMENTA
Also getting 2 codes from the IP cluster: VIN information error (B1015) and Class 2 data link fault (U1000) U1000 dissappear when I close the key and open it again, but appears after about 5 seconds
Thursday, January 5th, 2017 AT 9:35 AM
SATURNTECH9
Have you checked to make sure there is power going into the underhood fuse box?Power at that main cable where the nut holds it down?
Thursday, January 5th, 2017 AT 12:42 PM
EDGAR ARMENTA
Yes there is
Thursday, January 5th, 2017 AT 5:23 PM
SATURNTECH9
But there is no power to the ecm fuse in the underhood fuse box with the key in the run position?
Friday, January 6th, 2017 AT 6:51 AM
EDGAR ARMENTA
There are two fuses that mention the ecm, fuse 1:ECM/TCM and fuse 9:ECM/ETC only fuse number 1 is getting power, and fuse number 9 only gets power if I bridge relay 29:POWERTRAIN
Friday, January 6th, 2017 AT 10:48 AM
SATURNTECH9
Have you tried swaping the relay with a known good one?You could have damaged who knows what when you reversed jumped the car. Just had a car thru my shop that was reversed jumped that caught fire and the battery exploded.
Friday, January 6th, 2017 AT 1:02 PM
EDGAR ARMENTA
Already checked that.
When the computer is damaged, should the car still try starting?
And in the ignition switch, there is 5 cables, an orange (always has power) a blue cable and a grey one (get power when the key is open) a white one and a white/black cable (don't have any power, or ground to them, at any key position they don't get power, off, acc, I, or in the ignition. Could this be a problem to the car not starting?
Friday, January 6th, 2017 AT 3:31 PM
EDGAR ARMENTA
Here's a picture of the cables.
Friday, January 6th, 2017 AT 3:33 PM
SATURNTECH9
Here's the problem the starting system goes thru computer's even to operate the starter. Do you have a scan tool that can read like the engine and body control module codes?I know you can't talk to the ecm and we don't know about if you can talk to the bcm?If the ecm isn't getting power it won't start regardless. If your getting power into the underhood fuse box itself and your not getting power to some of the fuses. Then your gonna have to starting looking at the wires going into the underhood fuse box.
Friday, January 6th, 2017 AT 7:59 PM