1995 Lincoln Town Car ingition key lock cylinder

PJ REYNOLDS
  • 1995 LINCOLN TOWN CAR
1995 Lincoln Town Car

I am looking for online pictures and information on how to replace the ignition key lock cyclinder in my 1995 lincoln towncar. I've been on the website before but can't remember the website. I thought that I had contacted you and you gave it to me. Please help
Friday, October 24th, 2008 AT 4:50 PM

JNOVACK
Look under the steering wheel there should be a small hole under the key cycinder put a small alen wrench in put be gentle push the pin and pull cylinder out slow so you can see just how new one goes in and insert new cylinder
-2
Friday, October 24th, 2008 AT 5:31 PM
PJ REYNOLDS
Do I have to take upper and lower cover off the steering column or just the bottom to get to the cyclinder
+1
Saturday, October 25th, 2008 AT 4:25 PM
JNOVACK
You should not have to remove any of it there should be a small hole you just put allenwrench in to and you should feel a small bump push that bump and you can pull cylinder out and then you need to make sure you watch how cylender comes out and put new one in untill you hear a click then cylinder is locked in place and your done but if you have to take cover off all you should need to take off is the bottom
+2
Saturday, October 25th, 2008 AT 5:04 PM
PJ REYNOLDS
I changed the ignition key cylinder, and the gear shift still locks in park. If I step on the parking brake, turn the key to off, I can put it into neutral, start the car, and then put it into drive. I checked the fuse like the manuel said. It was ok. The gear shift just started to lock up in park. What can I do to correct this. It was easy changing the ignition cylinder with your help. Can you please help me to correct this?
Saturday, October 25th, 2008 AT 10:10 PM
JNOVACK
Does this happen with the key in or out
Sunday, October 26th, 2008 AT 6:44 PM
PJ REYNOLDS
This happens with the key in or out
Monday, October 27th, 2008 AT 1:58 AM
JNOVACK
Ok lets take cylinder back out dissconect battery put shifter in park remove cylinder make sure key is in off possition and reinstall
Monday, October 27th, 2008 AT 8:56 AM