5.0 MILEAGE 154128

1988 Lincoln Town Car

Rode Kil

September, 22, 2007 AT 8:18 AM

When I was driving my engine quit. When I tried to start it up it would fire then die. I can hear the fuel pump kick on I have replaced the coil. There is gas in it and I droped 6 more gallons to to make sure. So before I drop a ton more money into it does anybody have a clue?

corvette4+3

September, 25, 2007 AT 6:42 PM

First things first if you had your car on a lift for service the mech will turnoff your fuel supply which is located in the truck a white button press that to turn it on if that not the problem go to a lincoln dealer and tell them the problem [mech]usaually they will help you because I have one too and that what I do. I have replace many parts with there help so I don't want you to go in the wrong direction on this one then buy the part and have your local garage put it on.[Ps don; t buy the dealer part there very pricey. GOOD LUCK

corvette4+3

September, 25, 2007 AT 6:51 PM

First things first if you had your car on a lift for service the mech will turnoff your fuel supply which is located in the truck a white button press that to turn it on if that not the problem go to a lincoln dealer and tell them the problem [mech]usaually they will help you because I have one too and that what I do. I have replace many parts with there help so I don't want you to go in the wrong direction on this one then buy the part and have your local garage put it on.[Ps don; t buy the dealer part there very pricey. GOOD LUCK[/quote: 1250b7c15d] one more thing I will tell you this inside your distributor shift thers another coil the whole shift comes out and you will see them like components replace those mechs have a special tool to remove them cost about fifty bucks to purchase the work cost could vary.?

Rode Kil

September, 26, 2007 AT 4:51 AM

First things first if you had your car on a lift for service the mech will turnoff your fuel supply which is located in the truck a white button press that to turn it on if that not the problem go to a lincoln dealer and tell them the problem [mech]usaually they will help you because I have one too and that what I do. I have replace many parts with there help so I don't want you to go in the wrong direction on this one then buy the part and have your local garage put it on.[Ps don; t buy the dealer part there very pricey. GOOD LUCK[/quote: 81ee63a489] one more thing I will tell you this inside your distributor shift thers another coil the whole shift comes out and you will see them like components replace those mechs have a special tool to remove them cost about fifty bucks to purchase the work cost could vary.?[/Quote: 81ee63a489]

Rode Kil Here
The only time it was on a Hoist was for the exhaust which was over 6 months ago.
I will look into the second coil though thank you.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe