CRANKS AND TRYS TO START BUT DOEN'T

1999 Lincoln Town Car

piddock

March, 10, 2012 AT 12:59 AM

I am still stumped when it comes to my 1999 town car. We took it to another mechanic and he could not figure it out either. So my question is is there a wire in the driver door if disconnected will stop the car from starting? I only ask this because when we replaced the heater core and put it back together it ran fine. But when we noticed the dome light was on 45 or so minutes later we tore apart the driver side door and fiddled with the wires in there and now it will crank but not start. I am not sure if it has anti theft because we had just purchased the car and there is not a anti theft light blinking at all if there is it would be a secure lock anti theft because thats what came in those models the book says some come with it and some don't. So please do you know if the wireing in the door being shorted or hooked back wrong will cause the car to crank but not start?

March, 10, 2012 AT 1:11 AM

No sure about the door affecting starting -you should check for fuel and spark

piddock

March, 11, 2012 AT 3:12 PM

It has spark. It has fuel pressure, we did a fuel pressure test. We checked all the sensors and fuses. When we ran a diagnostic scan with a snap on diagnostic it said no communication with the pcm so I am assumeing it need that and we are trying to locate a good used one to try because they are pretty exspensive new.

piddock

March, 11, 2012 AT 3:14 PM

Oh and come to find out the car isn't a 1999 it is a 1998 the door had been replaced because of an accident befor I had the vehicle. But I don't think that would make a difference.

March, 11, 2012 AT 8:23 PM

Could be a security system issue causing the problem have it further checked

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement