AIR RIDE SYSTEM

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

lgosling@swbell.net

October, 21, 2010 AT 5:44 PM

Suspension problem
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 47000 miles

I get a message to check the air ride system. I took it to the garage and he could find nothing wrong other than the fact that the front seemed lower, closer to the wheels, than the back. Is this something I should get fixed and how can I avoid being taken advantage of?

Many thanks.

BLUECOLLAR

February, 6, 2011 AT 6:53 PM

If you do some research of your own, you can be knowledgeable enough to either repair it yourself. Or worst case scenario, you can know a little about how the system works so you may know when someone is pulling the wool over your eyes.

BTW the check suspension message can come on for many different reasons, but from what you've described, it sounds like the system is "timing out". When the module(brain) makes the decision to raise or lower, it only gives the system a certain amount of time to fullfill the goal. If it does not do it in enough time, it will turn the message on and shut down the system. The system gives 90 seconds on the raise cycle and 45 seconds for the vent cycle.

Again, if your half way handy, you could probably do this repair yourself and save a ton of cash

Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Upper Control Arm Replacement