2005 Kia Sedona A/C low side pressure specs

SNOSAINT
  • 2005 KIA SEDONA
I would like to know what the low pressure side readings/specs should be when the A/C is on and when it is off. Cooling seem a bit weak & the compressor is cycling on/off more than I think it should. I have one of those consumer type trigger guages that show it in the "blue" (full charge) about 40PSi on & 105psi off. Did not check high sige as I dont think this guage is meant for that. I also note ther is a distinct hum when the A/c is turned on. If its low I plan on adding some of the synth stuff that has some oil & super cooler in it.
Thursday, July 15th, 2010 AT 9:09 PM

BLUELIGHTNIN6
Hello and thanks for donating

If the cooling cycle is operating normally, the gauge reading will be about 1.5 - 2.0 kg/cm squared (21 - 28 psi) for the low pressure side and about 14.5 - 15 kg/cm squared (206-213 psi) for the high pressure side. Inlet temperature should be 80 - 95F, with the engine at 2,000 RPM, maximum cooling selected, and the blower on highest level.
+3
Thursday, July 15th, 2010 AT 9:32 PM