Thank you for the donation and sorry for the delay in replying. I do not know why but your question was not at top of our list so it was missed out.
We do not have any info in our database for diesel engines of your vehicle so I do not have anything to fall back on. What I have to offer is only my experience with diesel engines and hope is sufficient to assist in getting the problem resolved.
Before we proceed, I need to understand the situation and here are some questions for you.
1. What have you done so far?
2. When did problem start and was it gradual, from minor and getting worse?
3. Was anything done/happened prior to it happening?
4. Is the coolant in the radiator depleting?
5. Is the reserve ( recovery ) tank constant, depleting or increasing?
6. Is cooling fan mechanical with fluid couplings, electrical or both?
7. When does the overheating occur, at idling, cruising or high speed driving?
Sorry if I am asking too many questions but they are required to understand what is happening. If you have any other information that you think might help, please let me know.
Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 AT 12:24 PM