2005 Kia Optima car wont start

TRIMBLE4EVER
  • 2005 KIA OPTIMA

2005 Kia Optima 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 86000 miles

my car has always ran great.I got in it one day and went to the store about a half mile away, and on my way back car dies and now it wont start, it did not make any sounds what so ever just died. I already checked timing belt its fine. Maybe its fuel related please help

Sunday, December 27th, 2009 AT 3:22 AM

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Sunday, December 27th, 2009 AT 3:44 AM