2003 Kia Optima the car will not start

RULA
  • 2003 KIA OPTIMA
I turned the engine off to fill the gas tank (fuel light was on) and when I tried to start the engine was turning over but it wouldn't start.
The next day the car started (about 26 hours since the gas station attempt to start it). I drove it for about a mile and then the engine stalled while driving without any warning. Pulled over and tried to start it again but I got the same thing as the day before: engine turns but it doesn't start.
Could it be the fuel pump?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Monday, May 17th, 2010 AT 9:47 PM

2CIXPT
Cranks but no start condition:

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.
Monday, May 17th, 2010 AT 10:34 PM

Sponsored links