Jerking on deceleration

HANASA HANASA
  • 2012 NISSAN ALTIMA
Hi, I have this problem for a month now. When I take my foot of the gas in gear except for fifth and sixth gear the car jerks back and forth and the rpm bounces. The car is a manual and no check engine light is on. The dealership said fuel injectors and low fuel pump pressure may cause this I do not think that, because it drives good unless I take my foot of the gas. By the way I have black smock I am planing to change my injectors.
Any idea what could be the problem?
Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 AT 12:39 PM

HANASA HANASA
I forgot to say that it does not jerk at 2000 rpm and above only 1500 rpm and near that.
Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 AT 12:40 PM
STEVE W.
Black smoke indicates excessive fuel being burned. Jerking sounds like low speed misfires from a rich condition.

Does the check engine light come on when you first turn the key on (bulb check?) If not it could be blown.

This engine does have a fuel cut off that shuts off the fuel under no load conditions at around 1800 rpm and up and cancels at around 1500 rpm. The only way to check that would be to have a scan tool connected and see if that system is being triggered. It's possible that the TPS or throttle control are sending bad data about engine load, that would show in the live data.
+1
Wednesday, January 25th, 2017 AT 5:15 PM
HANASA HANASA
Hey steve thank you for your replay. I finally found the the problem it was my sparkplug coil wires as I touch them the car misses and wont born fuel properly makes it jerk thank you for your infos
Tuesday, January 31st, 2017 AT 1:50 AM
STEVE W.
Yeah bad wires will cause misfires. An easy way to check for bad wires is to take a spray bottle filled with water and mist the wires with the water while in a dark room out outside at night. Bad wires or even coils will show up with a light show as the spark energy follows the lowest resistance path.

Thank you for using 2CarPros. Com. Tell your friends, family and anyone you like about us and please return with any auto related questions, we're here to help.
+1
Tuesday, January 31st, 2017 AT 6:59 AM