94 Wrangler

KDU
  • 1994 JEEP WRANGLER
My wrangler has a problem starting in the mornings. The moter will turn over but won, t start in the mornings when its cool. But in the afternoon when it warms up outside it will start right up. You can hear the fuel pump relay kick in when it, s warm outside and it will start. But when it, s cool outside you can, t hear the relay kick in and it won, t start.I have checked and change the relay with no luck. I have checked to see if there is power to the relay switch in the mornings when its cool and in the afternoon when its warm. I get the same thing. I think it, s a weak fuel pump.A few friends that have jeeps told me they think thats it. But there not sure. Any input would be a big help.
Wednesday, March 7th, 2007 AT 8:55 PM

MERLIN2021
Try doing a pressure test on the pump? Is your jeep fuel injected? If not more likley the choke thermostat. I am answering this question just jumping around different groups. I mainly do Ford Linc, Mercs
Thursday, March 8th, 2007 AT 5:33 PM
RETIREDAUTO
They/you could be correct, try cycling key(w/o cranking) key on 2 sec. Then off, key on 2 sec, then off, then on 2 sec, then crank(make sure you wait @2 sec. When on and off. If it starts up fine suspect fuel pump. Have you ever changed the filter, if not I would strongly suggest try that first/or in conjunction with pump. Do you have access to a fuel pressure test guage. Try the key test to build pressure if not. Let me know what you find
Thursday, March 8th, 2007 AT 5:40 PM
KDU
I, ve changed the relay and the filter. I won, t know if it worked till it cools off tonight.I don, t have a fuel pressure tester. But when I changed the filter there seemed to be alot of pressure on the line. Is there a censor or something that could be going out? I just went to the store and it was still slow for the relay to kick in.I turned the key on and off and the next time it kicked on. So the promblem is still there. It was just cooling off a bit outside.I don, t know why this only happens when its cools off outside?
Saturday, March 10th, 2007 AT 9:33 PM
SCOTTY000
I have the same year model jeep, it was doing the same thing, I changed the fuel pump out and that fixed the problem, the old one worked but but it was just too weak, you can get one at oreillys for about 100.00 bucks
Thursday, March 22nd, 2007 AT 11:16 AM