1995 Jeep Wrangler Won't start when it's cold

SUSANNAJEEP
  • 1995 JEEP WRANGLER
I bought this jeep this summer. Worked fine. Then when it started to get cold, it started to get hard to start. I took it to my mechanic and they started to replace stuff on it, first the starter, then the fuel pump. I can't even think of everything that we have replaced! It is now 20 degrees and it has been towed twice and they can't get it started! They have had it for a week. Can't figure out what the problem is. It was none of the things we have fixed! I have read on the internet that this is a problem with wranglers and no one seems to know what causes this. Can you help me please! I have spent over $4000. They are now working on it for free.
Monday, November 9th, 2009 AT 3:37 PM

DOCFIXIT
Hi Have them check ECT and IAT see diagram the colder the higher the resistence. Tells computer to inerease injector pulse and timing.
Hope this helps Thanks for donate

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/198357_Graphic_232.jpg

-1
Monday, November 9th, 2009 AT 3:57 PM
SUSANNAJEEP
They have checked this. They even rebuilt the relay system. He said that it's getting fuel but not spark. Sorry, I am trying to communicate to you what he is telling me!
Monday, November 9th, 2009 AT 4:09 PM
DOCFIXIT
Has camshaft and crankshaft sensors been checked. New coil?
Monday, November 9th, 2009 AT 4:31 PM
SUSANNAJEEP
Yes, the crank shaft has already been checked and the "coil", I asked about it and they said it has already been addressed and not it. :-(

Yes, folks this jeep is a problem!

Susanna
Monday, November 9th, 2009 AT 7:20 PM
DOCFIXIT
O.K. Have plug wires been changed because a TSB was issued for cold start on 94-95 2.5
Tuesday, November 10th, 2009 AT 2:29 PM
SUSANNAJEEP
Spark plugs have been changed. I asked about the wires themselves. The mechanic that has been working on my jeep went home early. He was exhausted! Poor guy! Probably has a migraine! The manager said he would ask about the wires tomorrow morning and let me know. I did read to them what you wrote.
Wednesday, November 11th, 2009 AT 7:32 PM
SUSANNAJEEP
So I had the Jeep for 2 days and now it's back in the shop today cause it won't start. Well, it started but only after one of the guys came up here and put some battery power thing on it and cranked on it for 20 minutes. Even then when it finally started to turn over, it didn't want to stay running for about 5 minutes of his working on it!

I did ask if they replaced the spark plug wires- yes they did. He mentioned that he was going to put another new coil of some sort on it and see if that would help. I am just so frustrated here! Why are all these jeeps driving around and mine isn't! Help!
Monday, November 16th, 2009 AT 8:31 PM
SUSANNAJEEP
After they got the jeep started yesterday, we drove it to the repair shop. They had it plugged in all night (as did we) and it did not start this morning. So everything that has been done so far ($4000 worth!) Has had nothing to do with the starting problem. Someone must be able to figure this out!
Tuesday, November 17th, 2009 AT 3:30 PM