1994 JEEP WRANGLER CLUTCH PEDAL IS HARD

• GhostV12
  • 1994 Jeep Wrangler

1994 Jeep Wrangler 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 144000 miles

I have a 4X4 94 Jeep Wrangler with 144,000 miles. It's a 4 cylinder and is manual. I bought the correct clutch kit and installed it. The problem is that the clutch pedal always gets really hard when when I push it in. After it goes in you hear a " click" sound.

Sunday, June 1st, 2008 AT 12:24 AM

• mhpautos

Hi there,

If the hydraulic system as not touched, you would have to think that the problem is with the new clutch assembly. You will have to make sure that the fork pivot is seated correctly and the thrust carrier is sliding on the nose of the gear box freely. Otherwise I will be a pressure plate issue.

Mark(mhpautos)

Sunday, June 1st, 2008 AT 4:13 AM
  • GhostV12

We replaced the clutch beacuse the clutch pedal was getting hard when we pushed it in. This problem was happening before we changed the clutch. I thought that changing the clutch would make this stop, but it didnt help. It made the gears alot smoother, but the pedal is still really hard sometimes. After we changed the clutch, the clutch pedal began making a " click" noise every time it was pushed in completely.

Sunday, June 1st, 2008 AT 2:18 PM
  • mhpautos

Hi there,

if this was the original issue, you will have to have a good look at the master & slave cylinders.

Sunday, June 1st, 2008 AT 5:33 PM