1999 Other Jeep Models 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 98000 miles
I have a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and suddenly, I have diminished heat in my vehicle.
Here's what I already know:
Even with a good 10 minute warm-up and a 10 mile drive, the heat never quite gets hot enough, even when fully cranked. In fact, anything less than fully cranked was not doing the trick.
Some things to note:
* Temp gauge was in the normal range
* No coolant smell or leakage inside the vehicle
* No fogging of windows
* 4-month-old cooling system including radiator, hoses, water pump and thermostat.
* Heater hoses leading to the core are warm to hot to the touch.
* Heat seems to be marginally warmer when I rev the engine.
I have read the symptoms of a heater core failure and they almost invariably involve the coolant leak and smell, both of which I lack.
Could my thermostat have gone bad already? Is my core possibly clogged?
have the same problem?
Friday, January 25th, 2008 AT 5:56 PM