Engine Mechanical problem
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 145000 miles
hard to start backfires through throttle body exhaust smells rich
have the same problem?
Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 AT 11:05 PM
Probable causes of an engine running rich are as follows:
1. Excessive fuel pressure can be cause by restricted fuel return line or defective fuel pressure regulator.
2. Defective Oxygen Sensors.
3. Leaking injectors and fuel pressure regulator.
4. Coolant temperature sensor out of calibration.
5. Restricted air intake system.