93 Jeep Grand Cherokee security system

FOADIARD
  • 1993 JEEP CHEROKEE
I just got a 93 jeep grand cherokee, 4x4 4.0 straight 6 with 162,000 and have been having major problems with the security system the kill engine came on and cannot reset the alarm I tried unlocking everydoor including the gate I spliced the alarm wire (purple and yellow) and grounded it out which deactivated the alarm took out the vtss module and still will not turn over I tested the spark none fuel pump good but can only get it running of the relay about all I can think of right now any suggestions?
Monday, August 27th, 2007 AT 5:09 PM

DIPWEED23
You can try disconnecting the security module.
You will lose remote keyless entry, but when these systems start going wacko, that's really about all their is left that you can do without hours of frustrating wire trace, and fix.
-1
Saturday, September 1st, 2007 AT 1:53 PM
HOPFUL IN OK
Hey this sounds great! But how do this little ol' country girl find and disconnect the security module. I too am at my wits end over this alarm system that only seems to be in place to keep its' owner from driving it. I have done every thing that I'm told to do but when it comes to disconnecting the system I told that I can get in to the jeep dealer Oct 20. I am a travling nurse and I have to be able to get to work. Could some one please help me? I have a fax number that can used so the info will not be on the internet. Please help! Even telling me where this purple and yellow wire is would be more than I am getting.

Thanks in advance
-1
Thursday, September 6th, 2007 AT 1:40 PM
USMC
Hi, I have a 92 cherokee and my security system won"t allow mine to start. Where is the security module located at?
Tuesday, March 15th, 2011 AT 10:28 PM