1997 Jeep Cherokee Grand Cherokee coolant sensor

BRYANFURSE
  • 1997 JEEP CHEROKEE

Engine Cooling problem
1997 Jeep Cherokee 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 164564 miles

i have a 1997 jeep grand cherokee laredo. And my message said coolant sensor bad. I replaced and still says bad. I have cleaned the connection and still no change. What should I do

Tuesday, July 14th, 2009 AT 10:44 AM

RACEFAN966

So is it the coolant temp sensor or the coolant level sensor? Either way you need to reset the message center. So what you do is press the select button till you get to the message then once there you press and hold the set button for 2 sec. Or so thats it. If the message comes back then let me know and I will look to see what is happening but I need to know which sensor you replaced so we don't go back to the same one. I would also check you local parts stores and see if one does a free scan and if so then scan it and see what codes come up get those codes and then have them clear the codes and let me know what codes where there.

Wednesday, July 15th, 2009 AT 9:56 AM
WILDHONEY1

I am having the same problem with my 97 grand cherokee, we have had a mechanic change the coolant sensor twice now and it is fine for a short time then the message board starts up again and it shows a diagram of the car and a red square flashes where the hood is in the picture and beeps and keeps saying coolant sensor bad, I tried to do the thing you were talking about with the set button when the warning board does it's little thing but it keeps taking me to the clock set and I can't get it to do anything else, please help!

Sunday, July 19th, 2009 AT 6:35 PM

Other Coolant Temperature Sensor CTS Replace/Remove Questions