STARTING

1996 Isuzu Hombre

MeechYah

February, 1, 2010 AT 11:41 AM

1996 Isuzu Hombre 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 96000 miles

I tried to start my truck, it started for about 5 sec then shut off, and will not start again, it will crank however not start. The fuel pump is from a 4.3L and the truck is a 2.2L is it possible the pump is flooding the engine not allowing it to start. Someone said it might be the timeing, I really have no clue, any and all suggestions would be great

February, 1, 2010 AT 12:20 PM

If its starting up before this problem with the 4.3L pump and now it won't start Do below: Disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 in away from ground have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor /distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, ECM, Ignitor camshaft and crankshaft sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard i

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Pressure Test