TORQUE ON DEMAND LIGHT

2002 Isuzu Axiom

cjneper

August, 16, 2010 AT 8:47 PM

2002 Isuzu Axiom 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 102000 miles

The " Check TOD" light is flashing on this car. What exactly does this mean? The Torque on Demand system seems to be working fine, it shifts in and out just fine. I changed the transfer case oil, and the front axle gear oil, and the oil in the TOD unit. What could it be?

August, 17, 2010 AT 8:59 AM

Hi cjneper,

Thank you for the donation.

An error has been detected in the TOD system and you need to retrieve the trouble code to find out what is wrong.

I have sent the diagnostic files to you, go through them and let me know what you find.

Post reply here and I will be notified and response accordingly.

cjneper

August, 18, 2010 AT 8:59 PM

Thanks for the info. I did the diagnosis and the codes that appear are 13, 14, and 24.

August, 21, 2010 AT 8:17 AM

Sorry for the delay in replying. Notification was not received and I caught this while browsing through the post.

Code 13 = Reference is shorted to ground.

Code 14 = Voltage of front speed sensor faulty.

Code 24 = Voltage or rearspeed sensor faulty.

Diagnostics would have to be carried out to determine the cause. I would suggest rectifying Code 13 first as it could be the primary cause of the problem and others mght go away after repair.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_Code13TOD02AxiomFig60a_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_Code13TOD02AxiomFig60b_1.jpg

cjneper

August, 21, 2010 AT 9:09 PM

Thanks for the info, I agree it sounds like solving Code 13 may resolve the other two codes. But the instructions are a little vague, I will need a little more detail about these connectors and where they are: Step 1: terminals 12 and 47 in which connector?
Step 2: Where is the ECU connector and the vehicle harness terminals?
Step 3: where is the H-7 connector?
Step 4: where is the A-1 connector?

Thanks in advance if you can help me make sure I am using the correct terminals and connectors.

August, 22, 2010 AT 4:40 AM

I have sent you the diagnostic files for the TOD system. Hope they are helpful.

For correspondence just post reply here so I need not search for the thread.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic