Intermittent stalling

THISCAR
  • 1994 NISSAN SENTRA
This car is running very well, now. I have recently had new spark plugs put in, changed the air filter, new ECT. And as I said, starts easily and runs very well until it's completely warmed up.

At that point, still running well, the car stalls at stops. Take my foot off the gas, brake put in the clutch and the engine has stopped. Starts right back up as soon as I turn the ignition.

I am trying to anticipate what this might be. I have so little time and funds available. Took it to one shop and according to mechanic there the IAC, MAF, throttle position sensor are all working well. I do not know if he checked the EGR valve. He thought the valves might be out of adjustment, which he says he doesn't do.

I talked to the new shop who said if it was the valves, it would be making all kinds of noises which is not happening. So, I'm having him look at it on Thursday, but in the meantime, I'm truly jumpy. Any thoughts you might have on what I can anticipate as to what's happening?
Tuesday, August 13th, 2019 AT 7:36 AM

94 TRANSAM
Hi and thank you for using 2CaPros. Lets see what we can do.

It all sounds on track, the only recommendation I would add that it may be is loss of fuel pressure. I would test that. If it is low fuel pressure it could be a weak fuel pump, a bad fuel regulator or a plugged fuel filter.
It could also be a bad ignition module or coil. These are know for going into thermal runaway when they start to fail. When they get hot they build up internal resistance and the voltage drops.
I would check those as well. Good luck and let us know how things turn out. Feel free to come back if you have anymore questions.

Rich
Tuesday, August 13th, 2019 AT 9:55 PM