2. Position Tappet Collapser T81P-6500-A on the rocker arm. Slowly apply pressure to bleed down the valve tappet until it is completely bottomed. Hold the valve tappet in this position and check the available clearance between the rocker arm and the valve stem tip with a feeler gauge.
The collapsed valve tappet gap, when the cylinder head is on base circle, should be as follows:
Minimum: 0mm (0.000inch)
Nominal: 2.2mm (0.087inch)
Maximum: 4.5mm (0.177inch)
If the clearance is greater than specification, check the following for wear:
- Rocker arm seat.
- Valve tappet.
- Camshaft lobe.
- Valve tip.
3. With the No. 1 piston at the TDC end of the compression stroke (Position No. 1), check the following valves:
- No. 1 Intake Valve, No. 1 Exhaust valve.
- No. 2 Intake Valve.
4. Rotate the crankshaft to position No. 2 (cyl 3 at TDC)and check the following valves:
- No. 3 Intake Valve, No. 3 Exhaust valve.
5. Rotate the crankshaft another 180 degrees from position No. 2 back to TDC (cyl 4 at TDC) and check the following valves:
- No. 4 Intake Valve, No. 4 Exhaust Valve.
- No. 2 Exhaust Valve.
Friday, May 10th, 2019 AT 9:57 PM