Turn signals

AMBERLY0409
  • 2005 HYUNDAI ELANTRA
Electrical problem 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 49000 miles

Last night out of nowhere my turn signals stopped working. I noticed it after getting in it to go somewhere, it didn't happen while I was already driving.

None of the exterior front or back light bulbs work and the interior blinkers don't work either. The head lights and interior dash lights are worked by the same controller and those work fine. Could this be from a blown fuse? If so what size do I need for the car and how do I know which one is for the fuse to change it? I'm guessing the fuses are located in the most uncomfortable & inconvenient spot to get to which is the floorboard area by the pedals.
Saturday, October 31st, 2009 AT 2:46 PM

BLUELIGHTNIN6
Test fuse # 1 (10-Amp) located in the relay box of the passenger compartment. If fuse is OKAY, suspect faulty tail light relay.

Here is a guide and some diagrams (below) to help you check out the problem.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers
Saturday, October 31st, 2009 AT 10:46 PM
LANEYG16
  • 2005 HYUNDAI ELANTRA
2005 Hyundai Elantra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 49,800 miles

While driving today, I went to turn on my turn signal and I heard a bunch of weird clicking and then they wouldn't work. They don't come on in the dash or the front or back of the car. I was told maybe to check the fuse in the passenger side fuse box but I don't know where to find that. From what I have been told, this is an electrical issue more than likely and replacing the fuse won't fix it. Any help would be much appreciated! Is this something I can fix on my own?
Tuesday, October 10th, 2017 AT 2:37 PM (Merged)
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Would suspect faulty flasher unit, it is located in the passenger compartment relay box (under left side of dash, behind passenger compartment junction block).
-1
TOMNICHOLS
  • 2002 HYUNDAI ELANTRA
My elantra blows the turn signal fuse as soon as you turn the ignition on. I replaced the turn signal switch with a factory from dealership part and then replaced the fuse. This did not fix the problem. I also have no reverse lights. All the bulbs in the car are original and no wiring work has ever been done to the car. Could you help me with any ideas were I can look to fix this? Thanks
Have you checked the light sockets to see if any are melted and causing a short?