2001 Hyundai Elantra no start

ALBOAUDIO
  • 2001 HYUNDAI ELANTRA
My wife over heated the car, and blew the head gasket. I had the head magafluxed and shaved, ordered all new gaskets, the car has been reassembled. I followed shop manual, timing has been set accordingly. All electronics have been reconnected. New plugs, new oil/filters. Car wont start, acts like it wants to but it hesitates. Please help, my brain is killin me from racking it lookin for help.
Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 AT 2:35 PM

Valve and Ignition timing squared away-points to a fuel or spark or both problem-Do below to determine which one is it

Disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 AT 2:43 PM
ALBOAUDIO
Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 AT 6:00 PM