Humming noise coming from car as I accelerate

KJ0812
  • 2008 CHEVROLET COBALT
My car just recently started to make a humming noise while I accelerate. It is not loud sound, but it is noticeable.
Tuesday, October 11th, 2016 AT 4:18 PM

SATURNTECH9
So can you you hear the noise coasting in neutral?
-1
Wednesday, October 12th, 2016 AT 6:42 AM
KJ0812
No only when I put my foot on the accelerator. It does not start to make the sound until 2000 rpm's, but it is not a very loud sound. I have seen posts about wheel bearing but from all the sounds that people described they did not fit the sound my car was giving off. It is not a whine, it is really like a vibration/humming sound and I have located it to the right of the car, and it is not the radio I have tested that.
+1
Wednesday, October 12th, 2016 AT 11:18 AM
KJ0812
My car recently had to get a engine swap because my old engine blew. It is the same engine I put in and then I had Chevrolet check out the problem which was causing the engine to not spark upon start up, ECM and wiring needed to be changed/fixed, but I do not know if they ever noticed this sound or just ignored it. My wheel bearings were also changed 500 km ago (before engine swap).
-1
Wednesday, October 12th, 2016 AT 11:25 AM
SATURNTECH9
If it is in the right rear the only thing I can think of is the tire or wheel bearing. Just because the wheel bearing was replaced do not count it out for making noise. Parts these days anything is possible. Been down that road way too much with brand new parts out of the box bad or they do not last long and go bad again.
-1
Wednesday, October 12th, 2016 AT 12:47 PM
KJ0812
For some odd reason when I took it out for a drive, when I hit a little bump I heard something hit and fall to the ground, and now the sound can be barely heard. The sound only comes if I accelerate, at constant speeds it is completely quiet
-1
Wednesday, October 12th, 2016 AT 6:58 PM
SATURNTECH9
You check in the rear tire area and see what is going on. That sounds scarey.
-1
Wednesday, October 12th, 2016 AT 10:01 PM