1. Remove the center portion of fastener 21, these come out rather easily, then pull out the outside ring of 21.
2. Remove the lower center console power shroud 11?
3. Pull out the cup tray, there should be a clip that needs to be released from the center underside to pull it completely out.
4. You also have to remove the trim piece around the DVD player. There are six of those little plastic with the metal oneway clips holding that piece in. I don't know if there is an easy way of backing them out, but I only broke 2 when I removed my trim piece, so it went back in pretty well. Pry gently.
5. Remove the 6 screws from the black piece around the DVD, storage compartment, power outlet area.
6. Remove the black piece gently, there are two tabs on the top, above the DVD player, that need to be pushed down slightly.
7. You should now have access to the area behind the power outlet, pull it all out and play with it to get a feel for how the assembly attaches and screws together.
8. Pull the screw collar back aways so that you can plug the outlet it without trouble, plug in the power outlet. Notice there is a little tab that sticks out, this aligns with a notch in the lower console. Pull the screw piece back together and tighten.
9. Put all the pieces back together again. Save extra screws for next time.
Be careful putting the cup holder back, I smashed my thumb ramming it back in. Maybe try to use the screwdriver on the clip to push it past the stop.
I wish you well.
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2008 AT 1:29 PM