AFTER CRACKED HEAD GASKET REPAIR

• cruzer
  • Honda Civic

Please help with this:

I have a 1994 Honda Civic EX with 109,000 miles. I replaced a blown/cracked head gasket with the same head that was surfaced. Also, I flused the oil and put in new oil. After the replacements, the car will not start up. It turns but will not fire. I checked the cylindar compresssion: #1 - 130psi, #2 - 90psi, #3 - 90psi, and #4 - 130psi. Please respond.

Wednesday, January 10th, 2007 AT 2:27 PM

• Bruce Hunt

There are a couple of things that come to mind. First, is the distributor rotating? If so, did you get the timing belt installed correctly? I am going to assume that you did. Now how about the firing order of the plugs. It is easy to tell which wire goes on cylinder #1, 2, etc and the lengths are a give away but I would venture that the problem is when they are connected to the distributer cap.

You can actually have them in the correct order but they can be a quarter of a revolution off. I hope you get the idea.

Wednesday, January 10th, 2007 AT 3:52 PM