Car not circulating water?

PAPAJOHNSLICE
  • 1996 HONDA CIVIC

I need help, I replaced the thermostat, water pump, head gasket, and flushed the system many times, the water pump is working correctly, so is the thermostat, it over heated and blew the head gasket, I replaced the gasket, got new lifters, push rods and cleaned and resurfaced the head and cam, also had a valve job done, the car doesn't over heat for a while, but continuously bubbles and steams into the reservoir, the ac/heat switch was stuck, and anytime you would turn it to heat it would bounce back to the center, I fixed it so it would turn to heat, but no hot air comes out, my guess is the heater coil, but if im not mistaken that doesn't effect the circulation unless the heat is on, but heat on or off it still doesn't circulate, why can this be? Its close to winter where I live so I need to get this fixed as soon as possible, please help! Thank you for your time

Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 AT 5:58 AM

KHLOW2008

Check the heater valve and cable adjustment. The part you mentioned about the heat lever bouncing back to the center indicates so.

Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 AT 8:31 AM
PAPAJOHNSLICE

That's what I adjusted to get the switch to go over all the way

Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 AT 5:21 PM
KHLOW2008

So did you solve the problem?

Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 AT 5:32 PM
PAPAJOHNSLICE

The problem remains, no water circulation, doesn't over heat, heater doesn't work, and it bubbles out of the radiator into the reservoir

Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 AT 5:48 PM
KHLOW2008

Are the cooling fans working?
Is the heater control valve adjusted correctly?

Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 AT 6:25 PM
PAPAJOHNSLICE

It doesn't have a cooling fan for the radiator, but alheater control valvesl fans work, not sure about

Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 AT 10:52 PM
KHLOW2008

If it does not have any cooling fans for the radiator, how can the vehicle operate without overheating?

Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 AT 10:54 PM
PAPAJOHNSLICE

Good point, im not sure how its not over heating, but even without a cooling, it's still not over heating, this is the first time I've ever seen this

Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 AT 11:25 PM
KHLOW2008

You better recheck. All vehicle needs cooling fans.

Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 AT 11:39 PM
PAPAJOHNSLICE

I know they need cooling fans, I worked in a shop for 2 years, but this still confuses me, it has a place for the fan, but doesn't have one, but it still doesn't over heat, it has no circulation, but still doesn't over heat, I've never seen this before, and im worried that I may damage something major without knowing it

Wednesday, October 10th, 2012 AT 12:28 AM
CADIEMAN

Just to add to this 1. Check to see if the parts store has a fan motor or fan blade or fan relay for this car. With no fans as soon as u turn the a/c on the car is going to overheat. Did they magnaflux the head for cracks? At this point u need to get the kit and ck. For hydro carbons in the coolant.

Wednesday, October 10th, 2012 AT 1:32 AM
PAPAJOHNSLICE

Well it is supposed to have a fan but yet doesn't have one, im not sure why it isn't over heating, but its not, I have already blead the system of all air, and cleaned the a/c / heater fan and made sure it works, fluids are getting to the heater core, and going through, but not much past, all I can think of is a bad hose, but im not 100% sure, and we did an ultrasound and dye penetrate tests, the head is fine

Wednesday, October 10th, 2012 AT 4:25 AM
KHLOW2008

How long have you had the car?
How much driving have you made?
Is the heater valve opening fully for coolant to pass? When coolant is passing through are both heater hoses hot?
Is the aix-mix door working correctly?

Wednesday, October 10th, 2012 AT 5:47 AM
PAPAJOHNSLICE

Ive had it for about 2 years, put 50k miles on it, valve is open all the way, the hoses stay somewhat warm but not hot, and yes I do believe so

Wednesday, October 10th, 2012 AT 6:55 AM
KHLOW2008

I can't believe you can run the vehicle for 50 k without cooling fans. Maybe the manufacturer would like to learn from you how to do it. You are going to be rich and famous.

Did you check the heater core for clogging? The heater hoses should be hot, at least as hot as the coolant running in engine.

Wednesday, October 10th, 2012 AT 7:37 AM
PAPAJOHNSLICE

It is circulating through the heater core, and the hoses are the same temp as the radiator hoses

Wednesday, October 10th, 2012 AT 8:21 AM
KHLOW2008

In this case no heat means the air mix door is not working correctly.

Wednesday, October 10th, 2012 AT 8:36 AM
PAPAJOHNSLICE

Alright, but that wouldn't explain it not circulating

Wednesday, October 10th, 2012 AT 3:49 PM
KHLOW2008

Why do you keep saying it is not recirculating?

Wednesday, October 10th, 2012 AT 5:17 PM
PAPAJOHNSLICE

Because if it was than I would be able to see it undernieth the radiator cap when the engine is warm, but instead it just forces the fluids out

Thursday, October 11th, 2012 AT 8:45 AM