97 Civic LX Rear Door Locks Broken

NICKLUNN44
  • 1997 HONDA CIVIC
I have a 97 Civic LX, 200,000 miles and the rear door locks are stuck in the locked position. They do not unlock manually or with the power locks. I am wondering how I can get them unlocked so I can open the doors and then take the door panels off to investigate what's happening. But right now I am driving a 4-door roadster. Heh. Any ideas on how I can get these guys unlocked? Should I employ the services of a nearby car thief and his slim jim? Many thanks!
Friday, July 20th, 2007 AT 10:36 AM

BRUCE HUNT
Have you checked the fuses? Those have child locks on them with a switch available when the door is open. If it is not the fuses, I would employ the services of slim jim.
Monday, July 23rd, 2007 AT 4:09 PM
NICKLUNN44
Thanks for the reply. I did check the fuses and things are showing continuity. I think my best bet will be a professional having a look at it. I have a bad feeling about trying my hand at jimmying them unlocked. I'll post an update when I hear what the final verdict is.

Thanks,
Nick
Monday, July 23rd, 2007 AT 4:13 PM
NICKLUNN44
I ended up having a guy jimmy them open with a slim jim and now I am on to troubleshoot the power door lock failing. Going to write a ne post for that one. Thanks for the help

nick

thanks for the reply. I did check the fuses and things are showing continuity. I think my best bet will be a professional having a look at it. I have a bad feeling about trying my hand at jimmying them unlocked. I'll post an update when I hear what the final verdict is.

Thanks,
Nick[/quote:4f30de32a1]
Friday, July 27th, 2007 AT 3:33 PM