95 OIL LEAK

1995 Honda Civic

tall967

May, 11, 2006 AT 8:19 PM

I own a 95 civic with 159,000 miles on it and when the car is in idle there is a small leak by the head gasket. How will I be able to fix the problem? Also since the leak has been going on for such a long time the oil has spread out across the transmission. How will I be able to clean the transmission?

Oil Leak From Engine

Bruce Hunt

May, 12, 2006 AT 10:09 AM

The oil leak if in deed is coming from the head gasket should be fixed right away. You will probably find this to be a rather spendy endeavor as I totally recommend replacing the timing belt, water pump, oil pump, etc. Determine if the car is worth the cost by taking in to consideration the condition of the body and how the engine performs, uses oil or not, etc. Cleaning the tranmission I am assuming you are referring to the coating of oil on the case. Engine degreaser sprayed on the tranny, letting it sit for awhile and then taking it to the car wash for a wand job on the engine should fix it.

Removing Stripped Drain Plug
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Replace Oil Pressure Sensor