OIL LEAK

1995 Honda Civic

JRHunter

June, 11, 2009 AT 10:25 PM

1995 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 193000 miles

Just bought a 95 civic to use as work beater. Doing tune up and changed plugs today. Middle two plugs had oil almost covering their tops once plug boots were removed. Any ideas of problem? Engine was way low on oil when checked.

Also does that 1.6L have a PCV valve on it? If so, where? Thanks!

Oil Leak From Engine

mhpautos

June, 12, 2009 AT 1:59 AM

Hi there,
'
You will need to replace the rocker cover gasket,

JRHunter

June, 12, 2009 AT 6:46 AM

Is that a big job on these Honda 1.6L's? Something do-able in the driveway? This is my first dive into the import world, so I'm clueless. Thanks

mhpautos

June, 12, 2009 AT 6:52 PM

Hi there,

This is something that you can do at home, you should go get a work shop manual as this will give you all the info to do this job with plenty of pics, its a good investment and you will be able to do many of these simple jobs with confidence.

JRHunter

June, 13, 2009 AT 8:18 AM

Thanks again for the advice. Replaced the valve cover gasket, grommets, and plug tube seals yesterday. They looked pretty well trashed.

Now, took the car for a quick test drive last night and I was getting quite a bit of blue smoke when accelerating. Not sure if this is normal due to residual oil in the wrong places from the leaky gaskets or if something else needs attention. Will do oil change soon and see if that helps. Any info is really appreciated! Thanks

mhpautos

June, 13, 2009 AT 8:10 PM

Hi there,

Do the oil change first, then see how it goes, was it burning oil before?

JRHunter

June, 14, 2009 AT 10:12 AM

I think to some degree, I think yes. But, just got the car last week to use as a commute beater.

Removing Stripped Drain Plug
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Replace Oil Pressure Sensor
Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front