2009 Honda Civic quickquestion. E-brake stress during winte

GLINGY
  • 2009 HONDA CIVIC
- I love drifting in canada during the winter only. And only if there is adequite snow/slippery stuff and a safe place to do it

- is there ANY damage to my car pulling the emergency brake at a corner and sliding.

- I wouldnt think so because the low friction wouldnt put any stress on vehicle. BUT im not a mechanic
Saturday, November 28th, 2009 AT 1:32 AM

MHPAUTOS
This is not something that you should be doing as you do run the risk of having a single wheel lock up and sliding out of control, leave this for the race track.

Saturday, November 28th, 2009 AT 1:47 AM
GLINGY
That was not the question I had asked. Obviously one would only ever snow drift if there is nothing to slide into as snow and vehicle interactions are very unpredictable.

- what I asked was. WITHOUT sliding into anything, is there ANY damage to the vehicle from using the ebrake to get the rear end loose and perform a slide.

***like I had said before, I wouldn't think so because of the low friction quotient. But im not a mechanic. So can someone actually answer my question
Saturday, November 28th, 2009 AT 1:54 PM
MHPAUTOS
You may run the risk of over stretching the handbrake cable, but this would be a long term issue, premature hand break wear also, but the axial loads on the rear end in icy and slippery conditions won't have a big impact on any structural components, but as this is a public forum, I am bound to add that personally I do not recommend that you do this for safety reasons,

Saturday, November 28th, 2009 AT 4:45 PM
GLINGY
Alright thank you for the advice!

And of course I would only do so in my privately owned parking lot ;)
Saturday, November 28th, 2009 AT 6:14 PM
MHPAUTOS
Ok, take care and have fun.
Saturday, November 28th, 2009 AT 6:42 PM