WATER/FLOOD

2007 Honda Civic

theeman57

February, 15, 2009 AT 2:38 PM

2007 Honda Civic 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

i want to buy a flood damaged 07 civic, the seller claims he flushed out about a gallon of water out of the tail pipe to get it to start. I test drove the car and it runs fine highway and freeway, what kind of problems can I expect if any?

February, 19, 2009 AT 1:58 PM

Hi theeman57,

That depends on how badly the vehicle was affected. Apart from possible damage to engine if water had gone into it and if oil is not replaced, you need to check if water had gone into the transmission.
If water had gone into the cabin, potential damages would be shorting/malfunction of electrical components due to wire harness damage due to oxidation/contaminatio/corrosion of terminal pins unless the vehicle had been stripped clean and the components cleaned and dried out.

Handbrake cables, calipers, and engine external bearings such as compressor, alternator idler etc moight fail prematurely.

Coolant Drain and Refill Acura MDX
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Mustang