CAR SHAKES AT IDLE AND CAUSES VIBRATIONS.

2001 Honda Civic

Edweezy21

July, 4, 2012 AT 5:52 AM

So my car shakes pretty good at idle. It doesnt do it right away but once it starts it keeps going. It shakes my exhaust pretty bad which causes vibrations and rattling noise(exhaust is not loose at all) that are really loud. The shaking followed by the vibration and rattling is worse when the air conditioner is on and when the engine cooling fan kicks on. I checked all the motor mounts and the front one was bad and I replaced it but it didnt change anything. Also changed an engine ground cable that was supposed to be grounded to the chassis that had snapped and that also didnt change anything. I checked the spark plugs and Coil on plugs and everything is good there. There are no check engine lights or no history of any codes. Please help.

mhpautos

July, 4, 2012 AT 9:34 AM

Have you done a compression test as yet?

Edweezy21

July, 4, 2012 AT 2:24 PM

No I havent. I figured that would've set a code if I had a cylinder contributing less than the others.

Edweezy21

July, 4, 2012 AT 7:54 PM

Am I right or wrong?

mhpautos

July, 5, 2012 AT 6:55 AM

You may get a cylinder misfire code or a random misfire code if cars system supports those codes not all codes set a check light so do a scan and a comp test to be sure.

Edweezy21

July, 5, 2012 AT 3:02 PM

I already used a scan tool to make sure. No codes or history of codes.

Edweezy21

July, 6, 2012 AT 3:31 AM

Did a compression test today on my car and everything checked out good. All the cylinders were between 150-160 psi. I'm actually getting really iffy about one of the mounts but I'm not exactly sure what kinda mount it is. If your looking at the engine, its the mount on the right side of the engine. Is that a hydraulic mount? Any idea where I can buy this part? Can I get a part number? Please answer all the questions. Thanks so much.

Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Ford Escape
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear