COOLANT LEAK

2006 Honda Civic

rednuroit

November, 7, 2009 AT 3:36 PM

Engine Cooling problem
2006 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

Have a 2006 Honda Civic. 80,000 miles. Kept good service on it since new. Never had a problem until today. The car has developed a coolant leak and I am having a hard time finding the source of the leak. All of the hoses seem intact and dry. The water pump looks good and dry too. The thermostat area seems dry also. I can smell coolant and see it dripping on the ground after I shut off the motor.

Under the hood I do notice a wet area on the motor and it is definitely coolant but I can't find the source. I can see coolant on the motor just to the right of the exhaust pipe (viewed from under the hood. Please help ! And thank you in advance. John

ramirez0478

November, 8, 2009 AT 9:25 AM

I'm having the same issue with my 2006 Civic. I had no idea that it was leaking coolant until my car started overheating. I could just smell the antifreeze when getting out of the car. Very frustrating and hoping its not an expensive issue.

rednuroit

November, 9, 2009 AT 2:44 PM

Took the car to the dealer and to my very surprise it turns out that Honda has an engineering/manufacturing/ production flaw with the engine blocks actually CRACKING ! CRACKED ENGINE BLOCK ! Can you believe it?

And I am sorry to say that Honda will not cover it. Shame on you Honda !

This is NOT an isolated incident. These engine blocks are cracking in many, many of these cars.

hondacoolantleak

November, 11, 2009 AT 11:04 AM

I had the same problem, cracked engine block. Honda covered it under warranty as it is a lease. I just got the car back today, drove to work, and upon checking on my car around lunch time, all the coolant has leaked! It is still a problem! You are not alone, I am very displeased with Honda. I called the Honda Dealer Repair Shop and they asked me to bring it back. C'mon ALREADY!

Don't know what the issue will be this time. I was without the car for 6 days! Now I have to take it back.

hondacoolantleak

November, 11, 2009 AT 11:05 AM

I had the same problem, however the Honda repair technicians said it is becuase of a cracked engine block. Honda covered it under warranty as it is a lease. I just got the car back today, drove to work, and upon checking on my car around lunch time, all the coolant has leaked! It is still a problem! You are not alone, I am very displeased with Honda. I called the Honda Dealer Repair Shop and they asked me to bring it back. C'mon ALREADY!

hondacoolantleak

November, 11, 2009 AT 11:07 AM

Don't know what the issue will be this time. I was without the car for 6 days and have to bring my 2008 Civic back. So frustrated.

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Hoses and Thermostat Replacement
Radiator Hose Replacement - Upper - Chevrolet