OIL LEAK

2002 Honda Civic

jododger

April, 22, 2009 AT 4:58 PM

2002 Honda Civic 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 40038 miles

I just had my oil changed -- no prior oil leak. Every day for a week, I find a small circle spot in my driveway under the center of the hood. I took it back to the shop and it was put under the rack and wiped off excess oil and said to bring back if problem persists. Said it possibly could be the seal and would need to take out the engine to fix it.

I just had an oil pan replaced by a local honda dealer last year, along with a timing belt and master cylinder & all I took it in for was a simple tune-up & 30,000 checkup so I am very reluctant about this bit of news but found a Service Bulletin for 2002 Honda Civic seal problem.

Oil Leak From Engine

mhpautos

April, 22, 2009 AT 5:35 PM

Hi there,

You should be able to see where the oil leak is coming from if you can get under the car and have a look, if it was not a problem before the service, it may be the oil filter or the sump plug seal, check these first.

jododger

June, 10, 2009 AT 1:17 PM

I had plug checked --- dealer said Rear Main Oil Seal -- covered by extended warranty. After repair my steering started squeaking so took it back to have oil change and check out squeaking noise.
Ended up having the steering rack assembly replaced (warranty) and found seal leaking that was just replaced.

Pulled out of the driveway this morning --- spot of oil on left side car ---
I am so frustrated --- taking back today to see if it is just the plug!

Removing Stripped Drain Plug
Replace Oil Pressure Sensor
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front