1997 Honda Civic Automatic Door Locks Only Work The Drivers

ROCKINEDDIE
  • 1997 HONDA CIVIC
Hi, I was wondering if someone can help me with a problem with my door locks. If I press the button to lock or unlock the doors, the driver side is the only lock that works. There is no noise coming from any of the other doors and none of the doors lock or unlock. I can manually lock and unlock all the doors with no problems. I just cant use the buttons to lock and unlock all of them. I know there is a blue box in the door and I assume this is the control box for the door locks. Could this be the problem?

Monday, October 13th, 2008 AT 5:33 PM

ROCKINEDDIE
I think I figured it out. I tested the actuators with a 9v battery and they all work just fine. They don't unlock the doors due to the fact that they need 12v to work, but they do click and move the locks. So the next step has to be the blue control box. The only other thing it can be is wiring from the box, and that all seems good.
Monday, October 13th, 2008 AT 7:34 PM
ROCKINEDDIE
I think I figured it out. I tested the actuators with a 9v battery and they all work just fine. They don't unlock the doors due to the fact that they need 12v to work, but they do click and move the locks. So the next step has to be the blue control box. The only other thing it can be is wiring from the box, and that all seems good.[/Quote:c44a2d7b97]

Ok, it wasn't the control box after all. The problem was a disconnected wire at the plug that enters the door. I did a simple continuity test between the plug from the control box and the passenger side door lock plug and found no continuity between the wht/red wires. I then wiggled the wires around inside the driverside door and found the problem. I had to run a new wire, but the fix was easy.
+1
Thursday, October 16th, 2008 AT 3:02 PM