1994 Honda Civic Car shuts off while driving

BALLERK2308
  • 1994 HONDA CIVIC
My car seems to shut off when I am driving at speeds over 65 mph. The fuel pump and fuel filter is good, the battery and alternator is good as well. However at times when I have driven the car around for a while once I put it in park the idle goes up and dowm on its own, could the throttle sensor be causing my car to shut off.
Wednesday, February 18th, 2009 AT 9:40 AM

RACEFAN966
Ok let me ask some quetions first to be of better help. When it dies does it start right back up or does it need to sit awhile before it will restart? As for the TPS causing this yes it could but lets start with the simple and work our way through with a few test first. Get back to me with as much info as you can give and we will go from there.
Wednesday, February 18th, 2009 AT 10:50 AM
BALLERK2308
For the rest of the info I have available, first of all the car will crank right away sometimes, sometimes I have to allow for it to sit before it will start, also usually if I turn the key forward and wait about 4 seconds before turning it over all the way it will crank every time, this is evident especially in the mornings while the car is cool. It seems that when I accelerate while driving on the highway from about 60 to 70mph is when it usually shuts off because it kind of catches me off gaurd is why I cant really pin-ponit exactly when it does it, but I can say for sure that while I am in tyhe city it wont cut off.
Wednesday, February 18th, 2009 AT 12:01 PM
RACEFAN966
Ok have you done a fuel pressure test? How old is the fuel filter? Get back to me and we will go from there.
Thursday, February 19th, 2009 AT 10:43 AM