VIBRATION

Honda Accord

90Hondaaccprd

February, 27, 2007 AT 5:56 PM

I have a 90 honda accord and the previous owner didnt do any maintance to the car so I am doing all of it. When I crank the car the car revs very hard and idles hard to how can I fix that? 90 honda accord 210,000 + miles

M_H_RITZEL

February, 27, 2007 AT 7:26 PM

How are the plugs and wires, when has it had a tune up? When you say it revs hard what do you does it do? Does it idle rough? If that is it check the plugs and wires to see if any cylinders are not fireing

90Hondaaccprd

March, 2, 2007 AT 11:35 AM

Yes the honda Idles very hard up and down, up and down.I recently replaced the plug and wires so that can't be it, its only been 3 months ago since. Now another thing it does is. When I come to a stop it vibrates like crazy I have no Idea what that is either. Since I am not car literate please tell me where the cylinders are and what they do. I'll have my mechanic look at it.

Bruce Hunt

March, 2, 2007 AT 11:45 AM

Cylinders are the things in the engine that go up and down fired by the combustion of the fuel. One of them is probably not firing quite right and all of the time. Next, is the surging of the engine speed. Places to look are coolant level and air in the cooling system and vacuum leaks. These can be from tubing, devices, and the intake manifold and gasket.

90Hondaaccprd

March, 2, 2007 AT 11:51 AM

Well my air conditioner does not cool so does that have anything to do with it. Suppose I get the air fixed will that solve the problem?

M_H_RITZEL

March, 2, 2007 AT 1:39 PM

I believe bruce was talking about air in the cooling system, the ac should not have to do with it running rough. Sometimes air gets trapped in the cooling system. The ac and engine cooling systems are seperate systems, check the fluid in the engine cooling system where the anti freeze is

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars