BEEPING NOISE IN HONDA ACCORD

• apz
  • Honda Accord

Hi,

I have a Honda Accord 1.8 SE, 2000 Registration, Manual and 60k miles on the clock.

When driving for about half an hour or so, I get intermittent beeps from the car. It seems to be coming from the front centre of the car. I get exactly 10 beeps and it stops. The behaviour occurs very randomly during the course of driving.

please suggest.

thank you very much and regards.

Tuesday, July 17th, 2007 AT 8:00 AM

• Bruce Hunt

Does that car have the climate control or thermostatically controlled heating/air conditioning system?

Tuesday, July 17th, 2007 AT 4:35 PM
  • apz

No, it doesn't have climate control or any automatic temperature regulator.I checked the manual and it is just the normal AC in the car which is manually adjusted.

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 18th, 2007 AT 4:37 AM
  • Bruce Hunt

The beeping is coming from the dash area or from under the hood? This car has the alarm system and do you still have the original radio installed? Does a check engine light come on or has it ever? Is it possible this is seat belt related?

Wednesday, July 18th, 2007 AT 8:36 AM
  • apz

The beep seems to be coming from the dash area. I cannot exactly spot if it is radio side or speedometer side, but seems like the speedometer side. I also got my local garage to check if all the warning lights are working and it is confirmed that they are.

I have the original radio installed. On more than one occasion I disconnected (took the front panel off) the radio to see if that makes a difference but it didn't.

No warning lights (check engine) comes up and it hasn't come up even once to the best of my knowledge.

I don't think it is seat-belt related. If there are two people in the car with the seat-belt fastened the beep still comes up.

I really appreciate your help, thank you very much!

Hope the information helps!

Wednesday, July 18th, 2007 AT 10:34 AM