BEEPING NOISE IN

Honda Accord

apz

July, 17, 2007 AT 8:00 AM

Hi,

I have a Honda Accord 1.8 SE, 2000 Registration, Manual and 60k miles on the clock.

When driving for about half an hour or so, I get intermittent beeps from the car. It seems to be coming from the front centre of the car. I get exactly 10 beeps and it stops. The behaviour occurs very randomly during the course of driving.

please suggest.

thank you very much and regards.

Bruce Hunt

July, 17, 2007 AT 4:35 PM

Does that car have the climate control or thermostatically controlled heating/air conditioning system?

apz

July, 18, 2007 AT 4:37 AM

No, it doesn't have climate control or any automatic temperature regulator.I checked the manual and it is just the normal AC in the car which is manually adjusted.

Thanks!

Bruce Hunt

July, 18, 2007 AT 8:36 AM

The beeping is coming from the dash area or from under the hood? This car has the alarm system and do you still have the original radio installed? Does a check engine light come on or has it ever? Is it possible this is seat belt related?

apz

July, 18, 2007 AT 10:34 AM

The beep seems to be coming from the dash area. I cannot exactly spot if it is radio side or speedometer side, but seems like the speedometer side. I also got my local garage to check if all the warning lights are working and it is confirmed that they are.

I have the original radio installed. On more than one occasion I disconnected (took the front panel off) the radio to see if that makes a difference but it didn't.

No warning lights (check engine) comes up and it hasn't come up even once to the best of my knowledge.

I don't think it is seat-belt related. If there are two people in the car with the seat-belt fastened the beep still comes up.

I really appreciate your help, thank you very much!

Hope the information helps!

Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Oil Change & Filter Chevrolet Equinox
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Engine Oil Change and Filter Acura TSX
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL