Any tips on replacing a driver's seat in an 05 Accord?

AWARDBLVR
  • 2005 HONDA ACCORD
Honda Accord EX 2005 60K miles.

OK the pain is enough! After driving > 20 mins, I am in pain for the next hour in the hips and butt area. (I'm 5'10", 195 lbs, fairly normal proportions, no back problems, history, injuries, chiropractic visits. Nothing.)

But Honda has designed the 2005 Accord EX driver's seat so poorly. Something has to change. (And, yes, I've tried everything: Lumbar support, every angle you can imagine, pillows, cushions, repositioning my legs. Everything). No problem with any other car, even my other Hondas.

So. I am thinking of replacing the seat with a third-party seat. Can anyone provide any tips or suggestions or experiences?

And yes, I know it has to be done super-well because of the Safety implications.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Tuesday, July 31st, 2007 AT 11:34 AM

BRUCE HUNT
I am not sure when the change came about with seat design but I would first consider looking at other Honda seats to replace it with.
Tuesday, July 31st, 2007 AT 4:49 PM
NUGEN
I am having exactly the same problem for exactly the same reason with my '07 Accord. I actually bought a salvage power seat from an 05, hoping to swap it in and reupholster the whole car. As it turns out, though, the custom shop that was going to do the install, and assured me that it would be no big deal, now tells me that there is something different about the wiring harness to the side airbag from '05 to '07, so he can't use this seat in my car.

Do you have any interest in this one? (It's grey and in pretty good condition.) According to my custom guy, it should work in an '05, but I can't guarantee it. Now I have to go look for an '07 seat. Sigh.
Wednesday, August 29th, 2007 AT 11:45 AM