99 HONDA ACCORD STALLING WHILE MOTIONLESS OR COASTING

• sputnick
  • 1999 Honda Accord

My 2.3 LX 71K miles stalls about once a week while sitting at a traffice light, this occurred about 4 weeks in a row. The past 2 weeks this happened once and twice it stalled while coasting to a stop on the Interstate Exit ramp. I put it into neutral and it takes anywhere from 3 to 10 tries to restart. It runs fine for about a week and then stalls again. I have already replace the plugs. Help. :

Wednesday, April 26th, 2006 AT 10:44 AM

• Bruce Hunt

Without jumping to other conclusions, does this happen with the air on? Does the car drop down too low in idle speed.

Wednesday, April 26th, 2006 AT 2:37 PM
  • sputnick

The first time it happened it was nice and probably 50 degrees out and sunny. Most of the time the weather has been really spring like. The last time it was raining when it died on the exit ramp. At this point I don't think it is weather related or due to the
AC. Today is Thurs day and the last incident was Tuesday.

A

Thursday, April 27th, 2006 AT 6:08 AM
  • Bruce Hunt

I was trying to point to whether the idle seems to dip down too much and the engine dies.

Friday, April 28th, 2006 AT 1:13 PM
  • sputnick

I really have not notice the idle because it happens so suddenly. I have been looking at the tach a lot more since your previous question. It has been 3 days and no further incidence of stalling. I fully expect it to happen again since it has happen 5 times now.

Friday, April 28th, 2006 AT 1:25 PM