2005 Honda Accord Clicking sound when starting the car

DECCAHYPERION
  • 2005 HONDA ACCORD
I am helping a friend to run his car in his absence. This morning when starting the car, it had the usual engine starting sound then suddenly it went into a clicking sound and sounded something like "tee tee tee tee." I tried again and the same thing. I contacted my friend who said he will contact his mechanic when he is back. Neither of us know what is causing this.

The alarm works fine, the air conditioning can still function and the CD player still works fine.

Any suggestions will be most appreciated. Thanks!
Tuesday, August 12th, 2008 AT 3:54 AM

Get the battery tested and make sure its cleaned and tightened properly then report back-
Tuesday, August 12th, 2008 AT 3:57 AM
DECCAHYPERION
I got a mechanic to check it out. As soon as he heard the sound, he suspected it was the battery and using the battery gauge, it showed a weak battery.

Now I know when others keep telling me that dry cell does not give any warning when it gives up on you.

Thanks.
Thursday, August 14th, 2008 AT 11:59 PM