I HAVE A CIVIC EX THAT WONT TURN OVER OR EVEN TRY TO TURN OVER?

1996 Honda Accord

n9oclock

July, 23, 2012 AT 10:20 PM

My car was running fine one day, and when I got to where I was going I turned it off, when I came back to crank it and go I got nothing, no click from the starter or even a try to turn over. I tinkered with my battery and found it was a bad battery so I added water and charged it over night. When I came back it did the same thing it did the night before so I went and bought a new battery cable and got my fuses checked, everything came back good but my car still will not start. Any idea whats going on?

saturntech9

July, 23, 2012 AT 11:02 PM

So with a fully charged battery it will crank and not start?Also do you have a multimeter?Was the alternator every tested?

n9oclock

July, 24, 2012 AT 12:27 AM

Multimeter?
I have not had the alternator tested but I had someone look at it, they couldn't say if it was good or bad. I just got done messing with it but still nothing, the only way I can get it to go is if I pop my clutch.

saturntech9

July, 24, 2012 AT 1:17 AM

Yes multimeter aka volt meter that does more then volt readings. Do you have one?Also you should have had the alternator properly tested when the battery was tested. If you have a bad alternator good battery or not its going to go dead quick.

n9oclock

July, 24, 2012 AT 3:38 AM

I do not have a multimeter. I'll get it tested tomorrow at the zone. Thanks for your help.

saturntech9

July, 24, 2012 AT 3:51 AM

Your welcome keep me posted.

Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006