I HAVE A 1996 HONDA CIVIC EX THAT WONT TURN OVER OR EVEN TRY TO TURN OVER?

• n9oclock
  • 1996 Honda Accord

My car was running fine one day, and when I got to where I was going I turned it off, when I came back to crank it and go I got nothing, no click from the starter or even a try to turn over. I tinkered with my battery and found it was a bad battery so I added water and charged it over night. When I came back it did the same thing it did the night before so I went and bought a new battery cable and got my fuses checked, everything came back good but my car still will not start. Any idea whats going on?

Monday, July 23rd, 2012 AT 10:20 PM

• saturntech9

So with a fully charged battery it will crank and not start?Also do you have a multimeter?Was the alternator every tested?

Monday, July 23rd, 2012 AT 11:02 PM
  • n9oclock

Multimeter?
I have not had the alternator tested but I had someone look at it, they couldn't say if it was good or bad. I just got done messing with it but still nothing, the only way I can get it to go is if I pop my clutch.

Tuesday, July 24th, 2012 AT 12:27 AM
  • saturntech9

Yes multimeter aka volt meter that does more then volt readings. Do you have one?Also you should have had the alternator properly tested when the battery was tested. If you have a bad alternator good battery or not its going to go dead quick.

Tuesday, July 24th, 2012 AT 1:17 AM
  • n9oclock

I do not have a multimeter. I'll get it tested tomorrow at the zone. Thanks for your help.

Tuesday, July 24th, 2012 AT 3:38 AM
  • saturntech9

Your welcome keep me posted.

Tuesday, July 24th, 2012 AT 3:51 AM