Windshield wipers not working

JKOZER26
  • 2004 HONDA ACCORD
Hi, I didn't drive my car for 3 days and left the windshield wipers halfway up. When I went to start my car today, the motor for the wipers was dead. I was wondering, did leaving the wipers up damage the motor or something else. I pushed the wipers down and was able to drive the car, but wanted to get a good idea of what it could be before I started looking for parts. Thanks
Sunday, November 16th, 2008 AT 7:53 PM

ZACKMAN
Hello, can you please check fuse #11, 20, 21 and 7 in the panel and three relays in the relay box under the hood left rear corner of engine compartment forward of strut tower that need to be checked as well.

Here are guides to help you test the fuse and the relays and the wiring diagrams so you can see how the system works.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.

Cheers,
Monday, November 17th, 2008 AT 1:27 AM
JKOZER26
I checked fuse #11 on the inside fuse box(which was fine) and found the external relay fuse box however, which fuses are the relay ones? This isn't clearly labelled in the manual. There are three black ones with no indicator. What would be the best way to check these?

Also, should I call the dealer and schedule an appointment if the fuses check out?
-1
Monday, November 17th, 2008 AT 7:46 PM
ZACKMAN
In the relay box, check #15 (40A), #22 (100A) and #23 (50A).

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/55316_04_Accord_Wiper_2.jpg

After reading the troubleshooting section of your wipers, I believe that it is best you set an appointment with your service person, as there are a few diagnostic procedure to perform to make sure which relay and/or body control module that has gone bad.
+2
Monday, November 17th, 2008 AT 8:18 PM
BELIKEGOD
Thank you for this guide I checked it out and the problem was the switch! Got a new one4 for $67.00 and all set :) I love this site.
Friday, October 19th, 2018 AT 4:32 PM
MICHAEL.REESE
  • 1992 HONDA ACCORD
My windshield wipers stopped working.
I've checked the fuses?

Any ideas on trouble shooting this.

Many thanks

Michael
Saturday, October 20th, 2018 AT 10:23 AM (Merged)
KHLOW2008
Hi Michael,

Here are possible causes for the problem and a wiring schematic.

Wipers Do Not Operate In Any Position

1. Blown fuse No. 6 (30-amp) in dash fuse block.
2. Faulty wiper motor assembly.
3. Disconnected wiper linkage.
4. Faulty wiper switch.
5. Poor ground.
6. Check for open circuit in Green/Black wire.
7. Check for loose or disconnected terminals.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_WiperCircuit92AccordFig18a_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_WiperCircuit92AccordFig18b_1.jpg

AP78
  • 1997 HONDA ACCORD
1997 Honda Accord

I was driving in a rain storm earlier today and my wipers just stopped working. I have a suspicion that their connections are loose because they randomly "twitch" (they don't move more then 1 inch, and not very often). What should I be looking for and where should I start?
KHLOW2008
Hi ap78,

Lift up the wiper arms from the whidshield and turn on the wipers. If it works and does not when the wiper arms are returned to rest on the window, the motor is bad.
BOISRONALD
  • 1998 HONDA ACCORD
My windsheild wiper does not work in interm, lo, or hi, but does work in mist with out park feature. Fuses good, tried new wiper motor and it does the same
KHLOW2008
Hi boisronald,

Wiper system except the mist fuction is attached to the Driver's Multiplex System. If the switch and wiper motor is good, then you need to check the Multiplex System.

I have sent you a file with the diagnostics for the Multiplex System. Hope it is helpful.
ATAK
  • 1996 HONDA ACCORD
My windshield wiper arm inside the car is loose. The wipers sometimes dont come on, and sometimes come on at full speed. Once they come on just turning the switch off doesnt turn the wiper off, if you push the arm up it will stop. Is this in the motor, or the arm?
TED-E-DEE
You may have a couple problems. At the base of your wiper arms, where they connect to the pivot coming out the cowl, take off the plastic cover & make sure the nuts are tight. Do this 1st. If you still have a problem, you should use online mitchell 1 service manual. It's only 12.95 for a week & it will give you the tests you need to perform to find out if it is your motor or switch. It will give you the wire color & pin location to do all your voltage ck.'S & continuity tests. If you do not do that kind of work, you can print the info for someone you may know who can help you.