2003 Honda Accord AC not working

GFFLAKE
  • 2003 HONDA ACCORD
My AC in my car is just blowing hot air. The compressor is kicking on and there doesnt seem to be and fluid leaking from the lines holding the freon. Once in a while it will blow cold for a couple of seconds then just blow hot. Please help me out with this.
Monday, July 12th, 2010 AT 6:41 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi gfflake,

Check the air mix door and servomotor operations. Ensure they are closing the air mix door correctly.
-1
Wednesday, July 14th, 2010 AT 11:20 AM
MOELOVER327
It seems to be a problem with the accord a.C because mine doe.S the same thing. And the starter went out. Had to replace.
-1
Wednesday, July 14th, 2010 AT 4:22 PM
GFFLAKE
Thanks KHLow2008,

Is there a dianostics test to see which one it would be?
Saturday, July 17th, 2010 AT 12:42 PM
GFFLAKE
So I just checked when I changed the temperature from hot to cold it made a grinding noise right under the dash. Can you help me out with what needs to be changed and how to do it?
Saturday, July 17th, 2010 AT 1:25 PM
KHLOW2008
That could mean the air mix motor or its linkages.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_ACDash03AccordFig01_1.jpg

Check the air mix control motor or its linkages. When the temp control is changed, the motor should move to open or close the door.
Saturday, July 17th, 2010 AT 4:44 PM
GFFLAKE
Thanks for posting this. So it actually ends up it was the clutch not kicking on. Is there any special tools that I might need in order to complete this and is there anything that you would reccommend before I get started on it?

Monday, July 19th, 2010 AT 6:31 PM
KHLOW2008
If it is the compressor clutch that is not kicking in, then you have to perform test to find out what is wrong.

When the compressor cuts out, are the cooling fans staying on? If yes, then the problem is from the clutch.

If the cooling fans stops as well, then it could be a faulty magnetic clutch relay or its controlling circuit.

If you are able to perform diagnostics, get a DVOM and test lamp.

Was the freon topped up recently?
Are the cooling fans working when the compressor is engaged?
Do you have engine overheating issues?
Tuesday, July 20th, 2010 AT 6:37 AM