2000 HONDA ACCORD NO COMMUNICATION IN THE CAR

• dd_110588
  • 2000 Honda Accord

2000 Honda Accord 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 9500 miles

To begin yes my car really has 9500 miles its been sitting for about 7 some years and im trying to get it running again and the problem im having is that I had the car running and the main battery fuse the 100A inside the engine compartment went out and ever since that ive been having problems with the alternator so I when ahead a bought a new one and its not charging and the battery light in the speedometer doesnt shut of but the light looks a little faded compared to the rest of the lights in the speedometer. Then I hooked a scanner to it and it only comes out with a transmission code which was fauty solenoid b which im still trying to fix. Then my other problem is that I unhooked alot of different plugs to see if anything came out in the scanner and nothing, no codes, so I changed the ECU thinking that was it because the main 2 wires that come from the alternator go to the ecu and its still the same. I also bought all 3 of the fuse boxes and its still the same no signal for the engine and ive almost gotten to the point to were im going to buy a new engine harness to see if thats it but I really dont want to because its expensive. So as you can see I need help badly so any help would be appreciated thanks.

Monday, June 28th, 2010 AT 4:20 PM

• KHLow2008

Hi dd_110588,

Thank you for the donation.

There is a possibility some wires are broken causing the condition. I have emailed the diagnostic procedures to you. Let me know if you do not receive them.

Wednesday, June 30th, 2010 AT 1:12 PM
  • dd_110588

Well im having a little trouble on the fig. 7 step10 and it says to check for continuity and the problem that im having is that I have a actron tester like the ones that they sell at your local auto parts store and it says that when checking for continuity the device will beap when the circiute is closed or shorted so when I check the white and green wire for it, it always beaps even when I put it on the other pin so thats where im having problems right now.

Tuesday, July 20th, 2010 AT 5:09 PM
  • KHLow2008

I believe you are referring to Fig 8 and not Fig 7.

Did you unplug the PCM and alternator coupler while performing tests?

I would suggest using the resistance range to test instead of the beeper.

Wednesday, July 21st, 2010 AT 10:43 AM
  • dd_110588

Ok ill try it but while I do that do you have any idea of whats going on with the rest of the car? The engine doesnt seem to be comunnicating with the ecm.

Wednesday, July 21st, 2010 AT 12:00 PM
  • KHLow2008

If the engine is not communicating with the ECM, you would not be able to start the engine.

Why do you say so?

Wednesday, July 21st, 2010 AT 12:21 PM
  • dd_110588

I ask because I have a scanner and I unhook a couple of plugs just to make sure its communicating and it doesnt seem to be coming out with any codes so I though something might be wrong

Wednesday, July 21st, 2010 AT 12:24 PM
  • KHLow2008

Some sensors requires a two trip malfunction to trigger any codes. Others would only indicate after the engine is started.

Wednesday, July 21st, 2010 AT 12:29 PM
  • dd_110588

Well I just did the resistance check on the white and green wire and if I was looking for a number I got 0.03. So is that good or bad?

Wednesday, July 21st, 2010 AT 1:19 PM
  • KHLow2008

Resistance check of 0.03 ohms means the continuity is good.

Wednesday, July 21st, 2010 AT 2:02 PM
  • dd_110588

Ok if thats good and the alternator is good than what can it be?

Wednesday, July 21st, 2010 AT 2:08 PM